Information about submitting manuscripts to Five Islands Press
1. We are reliant on assistance from the Literature Board grant scheme.
2. Manuscripts are accepted by FIP during the month of November only. Decisions are made during December and January, and the authors informed, by email, during February the following year.
3. Due to the small size of the Press and the large volume of submissions received, no feedback will be given on manuscripts and no correspondence will be entered into.
Guidelines for manuscript submission
1. Manuscripts should be sent during the month of November only. Manuscripts sent at any other time of the year will not be read.
2. Send your full manuscript. Full manuscripts should be no longer than 72 pages of poetry, bearing in mind that there will be 36 lines per page.
3. Include a biography with a clear publishing record and full publication details. The author’s name may be displayed on the manuscript.
4. Full contact details are to be supplied, including phone number, email address and postal address.
5. Manuscripts should be sent, as Word Document attachments, to: email@example.com. The subject line should read ‘November Manuscript Submission’.
6. Manuscripts that fail to follow these guidelines will not be read.